Israel Kills Two Al Jazeera Journalists

Israel killed Al Jazeera correspondent Ismail al-Ghoul and cameraman Rami Al-Rifi in an airstrike, Wednesday evening, while covering people’s reactions around the destroyed home of the late Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh who was martyred by an Israeli missile strike where he was staying in Tehran earlier that day.

Israeli warplanes bombed the roof of a house adjacent to the destroyed home of the late martyred leader in the Shati refugee camp, west of Gaza with a number of other journalists. They were forced to withdraw quickly but an Israeli warplane directly targeted their car, instantly killing journalist al-Ghoul and his cameraman al-Rifi.

Earlier in the day, al-Ghoul appeared on Al Jazeera to report on people’s reactions to the assassination of political bureau chief Haniyeh.

Al Jazeera Journalist Anas al-Sharif confirmed an Israeli warplane directly bombed al-Ghoul and Al Jazeera cameraman Al-Rifi, which led to the severing of their heads according to the Palestine Information Center.

The Palestinian Journalists Protection Center (PJPC) condemned the killing of journalists Ismail al-Ghoul and Rami al-Rifi during their coverage of the bombing of the house of the late Hamas leader and which was reduced to rubble.  

Al-Ghoul worked as a correspondent for the Al Jazeera News Channel in Gaza City, and al-Rifi worked as a photojournalist for the same satellite station for months during the ongoing Israeli war on the Gaza Strip.

The PJPC condemned the murder of these journalists, stressing the need for urgent and immediate international intervention to stop the unprecedented Israeli targeting of media professionals in the Gaza Strip.

It stated the continued international silence on these massacres gives the Israeli army the green light to kill more Palestinian journalists. Since 7 October at least about 165 journalists were killed through Israeli fire according to the Gaza Government Media Office.

Al-Ghoul was previously arrested by the Israeli occupation forces during its second  storming al-Shifa Medical Complex last March in which it completely destroyed the hospital.

Continue reading
10 Israeli Soldiers Gang-rape Palestinian Prisoner

A Palestinian detainee was gang-raped by Israeli soldiers at the Sde Teiman Prison in the Negev desert in southern Israel, according to Israeli media on Monday as reported by Anadolu.

Israeli public broadcaster KAN, citing a security source, said the detainee taken to a hospital with severe injuries to an intimate body part, which left him without the ability to walk.

KAN said Israeli Police investigators arrived at the detention facility to detain the soldiers involved in the rape.

According to Israel’s Army Radio, 10 soldiers were detained for questioning as part of an investigation into the gruesome abuse.

Several reports emerged of severe abuses against Palestinian detainees at the notorious facility since the start of Israel’s ongoing offensive on the Gaza Strip.

The issue of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli has become a developing story with many angles as reported by the Turkish news agency.

It reported as well, that Israeli protesters, including rightwing politicians and extremist ministers from the Itamar Bin Gvir party stormed a military base in central Israel on Monday to protest the arrest of the 10 soldiers that included an Israeli captain who supervised the rape according to Al Jazeera.

Protesters closed the Military Police base in Beit Lid town where the soldiers are held for questioning, Army Radio reported.

Masked soldiers in military uniform took part in the protest, Yedioth Ahronoth newspaper said.

As a response to the violent protesters filmed on TV, the leader of Israel’s Labor Party called, Monday, for jailing Knesset members who stormed the military base in the Negev desert to protest the arrest of soldiers accused of gang-raping a Palestinian detainee at the Sde Teiman Prison.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu “bears direct responsibility for the establishment of armed militias whose entire purpose is to undermine the foundations of the rule of law,” Yair Golan said on X.

He condemned the raid by Israeli Knesset members as an attempt “to turn the Israeli army into armed militias.”

“Those elected officials who stormed Sde Teiman must go to prison,” Golan said.

The extremist Israeli officials who took part in the protest include Heritage Minister Amichai Eliyahu and Knesset member Tzvi Succot.

For his part, opposition leader Yair Lapid said Netanyahu has lost control over his government.

“This is not a riot, this is an attempted coup by an armed militia against a weak prime minister who is unable to control his government,” Lapid said.

Israeli media earlier reported that a detainee from the Gaza Strip was gang-raped by Israeli soldiers at the Sde Teiman Prison in southern Israel stressed the Turkish news agency.

Currently, Israel’s Supreme Court is considering a petition filed by Israeli human rights organizations to close the Sde Teiman prison, where Palestinian detainees from Gaza face torture and medical neglect.

The Israeli army is believed to have detained thousands of Palestinians, including women, children, and medics since Oct. 7, 2023.

Continue reading
Israel’s War on The Children of Gaza

“The reality on the ground is more difficult than the image” says Anas Al Sharif.

Starvation is hitting north Gaza in a new and vicious manner, he points out as he films starving children and women.

“Three-year-old  Amjad Al Qanouh suffers from acute malnutrition because the Israeli occupation army has banned humanitarian aid from entering north Gaza”

Truth be told, the ban has always been enforced, ever since since Israel waged war on the enclave after 7 October, 2023.

Our bodies are collapsing under the weight of hunger and thirst while our minds tire by wounds that do not end while the sun beats down on us with mercy with disease festering like fire spreading among us with missiles, bombs, rockets rain down on us for the last 250 days of aggression.We ask God only for patience and speedy relief, writes Al Sharif.

Gaza is being intentionally punished with its people starved and the worst is in the north of the enclave. Although the situation is bad everywhere.

This is a war against children UNICEF spokesman Michael Elder says. What is needed is a ceasefire to stop the killing, starvation and devastation of Gaza.

“…so much suffering has been inflicted on Gaza. The intentions must surely, be clear, the absolute devastation of Gaza – indeed, its aleady happened, homes, hospitals, schools, universities, agriculture, the economy, devastated. And still the bombs fall. But the many, many thousands of killed children is ample evidence of what UNIICEF deemed months ago, to be a “war on children”. There is and there only has been one solution to this, to end this suffering and that is a ceasefire…”

More children have been killed in Gaza in six months than all of the other war zones around the world in three years multiplied by four says Dr Norman Finkelstein, an academic, specializing in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

More than 20,000 children have been killed in the last eight months of Israeli slaughter. This while the number of women killed since that time is registered at 15000.

The total number of civilians that have been killed stands at 37,000 with over 87,00 injured.

Israel will not stop in its genocide of Gaza. The children, women, men and old people shouldn’t be forgotten. Their names should be imprinted on every wall and website as a reminder of the heinous Israeli war crimes egged on by their western supporter states on top of which is the USA.  

Continue reading