Le Monde: Israelis Leave in Thousands

Le Monde newspaper stated that thousands of Israelis have left the country already to settle abroad, and that more people are likely to do so in the future. The French daily noted that whilst the worsening economic situation may have an impact on this, the lack of security, the war in Gaza, the policies of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, and the growing status of religion in society are all factors that have accelerated this trend.

The newspaper began, in a report by its correspondent from Tel Aviv, Isabelle Mandraud, with the story of the 34-year-old musician Roy who no longer sees a future for himself in Israel, a country he was born, despite being a successful producer, singer and a guitarist.

The young man, who does not want to reveal his identity, is preparing, according to the newspaper, to immigrate to Spain with his wife, and says, “we do not shout from the rooftops because we are ashamed to leave before the war is completely over. It is a complicated moment. I love my country, but I see that dark years await us.”

He adds: “The Netanyahu government has crossed several thresholds that pose a threat to democracy, and there is a contradiction between the law and religion, and the number of extremists is increasing,” according to Al Jazeera.

Continue reading
Is Smotrich up to His Word?

Far-right Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich incites in a statement on X against West Bank towns provocatively asserted that Palestinian towns in the West Bank “should resemble [Gaza’s] Jabalia” alluding to the heavily bombarded region in Gaza.

He added that Israel should not trust the Palestinian Authority when assessing its security needs. This is not the first time he incited against the Palestinian people.

Previously, he reaffirmed his determination to implement a plan to seize control of the West Bank and block the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Smotrich called Monday for massive destruction in the West Bank cities of Nablus and Jenin as the case in Jabalia in northern Gaza.

“Funduq, Nablus, and Jenin must look like Jabalia,” Smotrich said.

His call came after three illegal Israeli settlers were killed in a shooting attack in the village of Funduq in the central West Bank.

The extremist minister called for an urgent cabinet meeting to discuss what he called “a change in Israel’s approach” in the occupied West Bank according to Anadolu.

Continue reading
Houthi Missile Target Power Station in Israel

The Yemeni Houthis announced, Sunday, they targeted an Israeli power station south of Haifa with a hypersonic missile, while their media outlets said the US-British coalition carried out raids in northern Yemen.

The Houthis issued a statement on the hypersonic missile hours after the Israeli army announced its defenses intercepted a missile coming from Yemen.

Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said their forces carried out a military operation targeting the “Orot Rabin” power station with a Palestine 2 hypersonic missile, stressing the operation successfully achieved its goal.

Saree added the military operations supporting Gaza will continue in conjunction with the continuous development of the Houthi movement military capabilities.

He continued that the Houthi “armed forces” are working to develop their military capabilities to meet the requirements of forcing Israel to stop its aggression and lift the siege on Gaza.

As of late, Houthi attacks on Israel with ballistic missiles and drones have been frequent, despite the four Israeli airstrikes Yemen was subjected to in weeks.

Explosions in Israel

Early Sunday, the Israeli army announced the interception of a missile launched from Yemen towards Israel.

The Israeli army said in a statement that sirens sounded in the Hadera area, and that the explosions heard in the central area were caused by the launch of interceptor missiles to intercept the Yemeni missile.

Israeli media reported that eyewitnesses heard successive explosions in large areas of central Israel.

For its part, the Israeli Home Front Command reported that sirens sounded in the greater Tel Aviv area.

During previous missile attacks, millions of Israelis fled to shelters and dozens of them were injured while fleeing.

The recent Israeli strikes on Yemen focused on infrastructure, especially electricity and oil facilities in Sanaa and in Hodeidah (west), which includes a strategic port.

Tel Aviv threatened to intensify its attacks on Yemen and target Houthi leaders.

Since late last year, the Houthis have been launching attacks in the Red Sea targeting ships linked to Israel in support of the Palestinian resistance in Gaza, which has had a significant impact on commercial activity in the Israeli port of Eilat and other countries in the region.

Raids on Saada

Meanwhile, Houthi-affiliated media reported that US and British aircraft launched three raids east of the northern Yemeni city of Saada.

The nature of the targets bombed by the aircraft was not clear, and Washington and London say their air operations in Yemen aim to weaken the capabilities of the Houthis.

Last Tuesday, US and British aircraft carried out 10 raids on the May 22 Complex and the Al-Urdi Complex in Sanaa.

Earlier this year, the United States, Britain and other countries formed the “Guardian of Prosperity” coalition to confront Houthi attacks in the Red Sea according to Al Jazeera.

Continue reading
Houthi Missile Injures 12 Israelis in Stampede to Shelters


At least 12 Israelis were injured on Friday as crowds rushed to bomb shelters after a missile launched from Yemen entered Israeli airspace.

The Israeli army claimed to have intercepted the missile, but debris reportedly fell in the Modi’in area in central Israel.

The Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation confirmed that air raid sirens sounded across the greater Tel Aviv area, the Mediterranean coastal region, and Jerusalem.

Residents reported hearing explosions in and around Jerusalem.

Israeli political and security institutions are reportedly struggling to devise a strategy to halt Houthi attacks as ongoing Israeli airstrikes on critical sites in Yemen have failed to deter the group.

Media reports suggest widespread frustration within Israeli leadership over the escalating threat.

The Houthis, in solidarity with Gaza, which has been facing an Israeli genocidal war since Oct. 7, 2023, have targeted Israeli cargo ships or those associated with Tel Aviv in the Red Sea with missiles and drones, expressing a determination to continue operations until the end of the onslaught on the enclave.

Since the beginning of 2024, a coalition led by the US has been conducting airstrikes that it said are targeting Houthi locations in parts of Yemen in response to attacks by the group in the Red Sea. The counterattacks have been occasionally met with retaliation from the group.

With the intervention of Washington and London and an escalation of tensions, the Houthis announced that they consider all American and British ships military targets according to Anadolu.

Continue reading
Gaza Genocide: Death Toll Spikes to Over 45,000

The Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip announced, Monday, the death toll from the genocide committed by Israel against the Palestinians has risen to 45,541 dead and 108,338 wounded since October 7, 2023.

The ministry stated in its daily statistical statement the Israeli army “committed three massacres against families in the Gaza Strip, with 27 martyrs and 149 wounded arriving to hospitals in the past 24 hours.”

It reported “the death toll from the Israeli aggression has risen to 45,541 martyrs and 108,338 wounded since October 7, 2023.”

The ministry indicated there are victims under the rubble of destroyed homes and on the roads, but the civil defense and ambulance crews are unable to reach them due to the repeated Israeli targeting.

The Israeli genocide since 7 October, 2023 with American support has caused the loss of more than 11,000 Palestinians, amid massive destruction and famine that killed dozens of children and the elderly.

Israel continues its massacres, ignoring two arrest warrants issued by the International Criminal Court on 21 November against Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defense Minister Yoav Galant, for committing war crimes and crimes against humanity against Palestinians in Gaza.

Tel Aviv has turned Gaza into the largest prison in the world, besieging it for the 18th year, and the war of extermination has forced about two million of its citizens, numbering about 2.3 million Palestinians, to flee in tragic conditions with a deliberate severe shortage of food, water and medicine.

For decades, Israel has occupied lands in Palestine, Syria and Lebanon, and refuses to withdraw from them and establish an independent Palestinian state, with East Jerusalem as its capital, on the borders before the 1967 war as reported in Anadolu.

Continue reading