Israelis Surround Airport to Prevent Netanyahu’s US Visit

Israelis have surrounded the Ben Gurion Airport, Sunday, to prevent Prime Minister Netanyahu to travel to the United States.

They, including the relatives of the 120-or-so hostages, who want Netanyahu to sign a prisoner exchange deal with the Palestinian resistance before he travels to Washington.

The protestors have surrounded almost all entrances of the Airport, that is just outside Tel Aviv to prevent Netanyahu from leaving.

Netanyahu is set to fly to Washington early Monday for talks with US officials, including President Joe Biden according to Anadolu.

Large police forces were present at the site of the protest, the broadcaster noted, it added.

Meanwhile its reported there is a huge rush of settlers at the Ben Gurion Airport waiting to leave Israel in fear of the Houthi drone attack made on Tel Aviv, Friday.

Continue reading
Gazans Tell The USA ‘Enough is Enough’

Gaza’s Government Media Office has condemned continued US military support for Israel during the ongoing genocide war on Gaza which enters its 10th month, according to the Al Quds News Network.

“The US administration, under President Joe Biden, has caused a humanitarian catastrophe for Palestinians through its involvement in genocide and its provision of internationally banned weapons to the occupation,” it said in a statement on Monday.

It also called on “the world to condemn the American brutal behavior towards the Palestinian people”, urging “the international community to take a principled and public stance against the US and its serious transgressions in arming the Israeli occupation”.

A US report into Israeli violations of international law during the war found it was “reasonable to assess” that US weapons had been involved in these breaches given Israel’s reliance.

A US report in May said it is “reasonable to assess” that the weapons it has provided to Israel have been used in ways that are “inconsistent” with international human rights law.

The state department report found that: “Given Israel’s significant reliance on US-made defence articles, it is reasonable to assess that defence articles covered under NSM-20 have been used by Israeli security forces since October 7 in instances inconsistent with its IHL obligations or with established best practices for mitigating civilian harm,” as reported in the Al Quds News Network.

Continue reading
Will Netanyahu Get to Address Congress?

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is considering avoiding a stopover in Europe on his way to the US over fears that the International Criminal Court (ICC) is readying to issue an arrest warrant against him over the Israeli army’s crimes in Gaza according to Anadolu.

Netanyahu is to travel to the US and deliver a speech before the US Congress on July 24. He is also expected to possibly meet US President Joe Biden.

But there is much speculation about his coming trip with many on the social media woundering how he will get to Washington amidst the logistics involved in flying non-stop.

On 20 May, ICC Prosecutor Karim Khan requested arrest warrants for Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Gaza Strip. Khan also requested warrants for three of the Hamas group’s top leaders including its chief Ismail Haniyeh.

Everyone is waiting for the arrest warrants to become effective and many think they could be any time soon.

Israeli KAN public broadcaster said Netanyahu’s office reviewed the matter of stopping in Europe on his way to Washington as his plane is unable to make a transatlantic flight while carrying a full load of passengers.

His office reviewed the option of a stopover in the Czech Republic or Hungary; these two countries are seen as Israeli friends and called ICC arrest requests “unacceptable.”

KAN, however, noted Netanyahu in the end decided to go for a direct flight to Washington with a limited number of passengers on board.

While the US is not an ICC member, receiving Netanyahu despite an international arrest warrant could expose it to much criticism.

Israel also is not an ICC member, whereas Palestine was accepted as an affiliate in 2015.

Set up in 2002, the ICC is an independent international body not affiliated with the UN or any other international organization, and its decisions are binding.

Israel, flouting a UN Security Council resolution demanding an immediate cease-fire, has faced international condemnation amid its continued brutal offensive on Gaza since an Oct. 7, 2023 attack by Hamas.

Nearly 38,200 Palestinians have since been killed, mostly women and children, and over 87,900 others injured, according to local health authorities the Turkish News agency reported.

Nine months into the Israeli war, vast tracts of Gaza lie in ruins amid a crippling blockade of food, clean water and medicine.

Israel stands accused of genocide at the ICC, whose latest ruling ordered it to immediately halt its military operation in the southern city of Rafah, where over a million Palestinians had sought refuge from the war before it was invaded on May 6 according to the Turkish news agency.

Continue reading
American Weapons, Israeli Slaughter

The US continues to provide military aid to Israel for its operations in the Gaza Strip, despite mounting civilian casualties and violations of international law Anadolu news reports.

Besides being Tel Aviv’s most important political ally, Washington remains the largest supplier of weapons to the Israeli military.

The Congress approved $17 billion in military aid to Israel under a $95 billion foreign military assistance package in April.

Israel has killed more than 38,000 Palestinians since a cross-border attack that claimed 1,200 lives. The actions have triggered a humanitarian disaster.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s handling of the Gaza assault has unsettled US President Joe Biden. Still, there has not been a serious restriction on arms supply.

Netanyahu even accused the Biden administration of restricting military aid, with US officials confirming a pause in shipment that included 2,000-pound bombs, citing concerns over civilian casualties in the besieged enclave according to the Turkish news agency.

Leaked figures to the media, however, suggest that Washington’s action came too late and may not be effective in practice.

Official sources, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, revealed that from Oct. 7-June 28, the US shipped at least 14,000 MK-84 bombs used in bomber aircraft to Israel, along with 6,500 227 kg bombs, 3,000 precision-guided Hellfire missiles, 1,000 bunker-buster bombs, 2,600 small-caliber bombs dropped from aircraft and other munitions.

The Biden administration also allowed a symbolic one-time shipment of one-ton aircraft munitions in May.

An internal memo shared among Democratic leaders in the House of Representatives and other members of Congress said the halted shipment of one-ton bombs accounted for less than 1% of military support provided by the US to Israel since Oct. 7.

US has sent weapons to Israel by air

An official speaking to CNN did not deny shipment flights were detected between US Air Force bases and Israel, and said the flights represent a steady flow of Pentagon aid to Israel.

The CNN said from October to January 2024, an average of 15 cargo flights occurred daily, later decreasing to about five.

Records indicated that tracking some military flights was difficult due to frequent transponder shutdowns.

Research by the Haaretz newspaper in Israel revealed that 173 military and civilian cargo flights originating from US military bases worldwide transported weapons and ammunition to Israel.

Most of the flights landed at the Nevatim Airbase near the southern Israeli city of Be’er Sheva.

There were 22 flights in October, 47 in November, 32 in December, 20 in January, eight in February, 11 in March, 17 in April, seven in May and nine in June.

The shipments are said to have included 155mm artillery shells, Joint Direct Attack Munition guidance kits, bombs, missiles for Israel’s air defense system, and drones and ammunition for the Iron Dome defense system.


Israel receiving $310 billion in aid from US

The US provides Israel with $3.8 billion in military aid annually, regardless of whether it is involved in a conflict.

According to the most recent records compiled by the Council on Foreign Relations, Israel appears to have received the largest share of US foreign aid since its establishment in 1948, totaling $310 billion.


US legally ensures Israel’s ‘qualitative military edge’ in region

In 2008, another law passed in the US introduced the concept of “Qualitative Military Edge,” a multi-faceted endeavor to ensure Israel has access to technologically advanced defense systems. It is also said to involve building operational capability through exercises, training, and personnel exchanges.

Hence, Israel is expected to be the first country to access the most advanced US military weapons and platforms.

Israel has so far received 39 out of the 50 advanced F-35 fighter jets it purchased from the US. But a $3 billion agreement was signed last month for an additional 25 of the fighter jets, world’s most advanced, which would bring the Israeli Air Force’s F-35 fleet to 75 in the coming years.

Israel’s use of US weapons violated international law

A State Department report in May said Israel’s use of US-provided weapons in Gaza likely violated international humanitarian law.

The report, after a presidential review following pressure from lawmakers and others, however, stopped short of making any final conclusions, and did not link specific US weapons to individual attacks by Israeli forces in Gaza, Anadolu ends its feature.

Continue reading