1000s of Palestinians Wait at Netzarim to Cross Into North Gaza

Thousands of displaced Palestinians have been gathering at the closest point to the Netzarim Corridor in central Gaza since Saturday, spending the entire night on the streets as they await a permit from the Israeli occupation to return to their homes in northern Gaza.

Women, children, and elderly people have been lining up along Al-Rashid Street (west), waiting for the Israeli military to permit them to begin streaming into northern Gaza. Meanwhile, vehicles filled with residents and their belongings are also waiting on Salah al-Din Street (east), where they will undergo searches before being allowed to cross into the northern areas.

The movement was expected to resume after Hamas handed over four Israeli soldiers as part of the ceasefire agreement on Saturday.

According to the agreement, the Israeli army is required to withdraw completely from west of the Netzarim axis, including the coastal Al-Rashid Street, to Salah al-Din Street in the east.

Under the deal, Israeli forces must dismantle military positions in the Netzarim area. Once completed, Palestinians would regain freedom of movement between Gaza’s north and south. Hamas sources confirmed this and said displaced Palestinians would be allowed to return to their homes unarmed. Humanitarian aid would also move freely via Al-Rashid Street.

Earlier on Saturday, Hamas said that Israel is delaying the ceasefire terms. In a statement, Hamas said, “The occupation continues to stall in implementing the ceasefire and prisoner exchange agreement by keeping Al-Rashid Street closed and blocking displaced civilians from returning north.”

Hamas warned Israel against further delays, holding it accountable for any disruptions to the agreement.

The ceasefire, which began on January 19, is set to last 42 days in its first phase. Egypt, Qatar, and the United States brokered the agreement.

From October 7, 2023, to January 19, 2025, Israel’s genocide in Gaza caused catastrophic losses. Over 158,000 Palestinians, mostly women and children, were killed or injured. More than 14,000 remain missing, making this one of the world’s worst humanitarian disasters according to the Quds News Network.

CrossFireArabia

CrossFireArabia

Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

Related Posts

Israel Violates Syria With 11 Air Raids

Israel will not leave Syria alone! Israeli raids, Wednesday evening, struck the Scientific Research Institute in the Barzeh neighborhood in Damascus according to Sana, the Syrian news agency.

Israeli warplanes went on to strike the Hama military base with more than 11 air raids, Sana pointed out.

The Israeli Channel 12 added that an additional target was the T4 military airport in rural Homs.

The Israeli raids, almost daily, started months ago on Syria and its capital, Damascus, and increased after 9 December 2024 when there was a change of regime in the country.

Residents in Damascus said they heard loud explosions after the intense air raids that targeted the scientific building in Barzeh.

But before that Israel has been conducting deadly air raids, literally mounting to thousands on Syria for years under the now ousted Baath regime of President Bashar Al Assad.

Israel then claimed it was targeting Hezbollah and Iranian bases but there were many deaths and injuries.

Israel occupied most of the Syrian Golan Heights after the 1967 Arab-Israel war, and took advantage of the fall of the regime and occupying the country’s buffer zone and declaring the collapse of the 1974 disengagement agreement between the two sides.

Continue reading
Israel Kills Journalist and His Family in Gaza

Journalist Mohammad Saleh Al Baradawil, his wife and children, were killed in the early morning hours of   Tuesday morning as Israeli occupation planes targeted his flat in Khan Younis, south of the Gaza Strip.

Sources point out that Israeli planes targeted the apartment of the journalist and his family in the Emirates neighborhood in West Khan Younis where additional martyrs and injured were reported.

Baradawil is the third journalist to have been assassinated after Israel resumed its genocidal war on Gaza on 18 March, 2025 after the end of the first stage of the ceasefire agreement reached with the Israeli government.

The latest killing brings the number of Palestinian journalists targeted by Israel at 209.

With American support Israel is carrying out a genocidal war on the Gaza Strip it started soon after 7 October, 2023 with the number of those killed standing at 164,000, mostly women and children while 14,000 still buried under the rubble in the Gaza Strip.

Continue reading

You Missed

Israel Violates Syria With 11 Air Raids

Israel Violates Syria With 11 Air Raids

15 Martyred: Why Does Israel Kill Ambulance Men?

15 Martyred: Why Does Israel Kill Ambulance Men?

Burning Muslim Civilization

Burning Muslim Civilization

Israel Kills Journalist and His Family in Gaza

Israel Kills Journalist and His Family in Gaza