Why Butcher Khan Younis Again?

The Israeli army continues to slaughter Khan Younis with no mercy after its new air and ground onslaught which it began Monday non-stop.

In just 48 hours after its aggression, the Government Media Office in Gaza reported 129 martyrs were killed as a result of the Israeli aggression.

It also reported that 416 injured and more than 100 of these have not reached the already-barely functioning hospitals in the city that had been virtually destroyed by Israeli attacks.

The media office states that 44 persons are currently missing presumed to be under the rubble as a result of the Israeli bombings described as the worst in months that began soon after 7 October, 2023.

The media officers which monitor the ongoing Israeli massacres in the Gaza Strip says that so far only 82 families have been evacuated while stating that appeals are being made by 1,350 besieged families.

It stated as well that the homes of 22 families were bombed while they were living in them – in another words, over their heads. This is in addition to 237 houses and residential buildings that were also bombed.

Through eyewitness accounts the media office states the bombing was extensive with 208 raids and bombardments through Israeli warplanes and tanks firing arbitrarily.

Despite the fact that the Israeli army is forcing new Palestinian displacement with an estimated 150,000 from the city and those towns and villages surrounding it, soldiers are targeting everything that moves on the Salah Al Din Street in Khan Younis.

They are also obstructing any coordination agreement to reach the injured and those that have been killed and martyred in violation of international law.

Israel is forcing Palestinians to move multiple times with repeat displacement and restructuring human geography whilst threatening the lives of hundreds of thousands of injured, sick, pregnant women, the elderly and with special needs and exposing to deaths.

As shown by videos and people on the ground, Israeli is committing horrific massacres in east of Khan Younis

 “We hold the Israeli occupation and the American administration fully responsible for the continuation of these massacres against civilians and the loss of hundreds of lives,” the Government Media Office maintains.

 And ends by saying “we call on the international community and all countries of the free world to stop this shame, these crimes, and these massacres immediately and urgently.”

Khan Yunis is already a woeful and sorry city and has been destroyed by the Israeli army which had waged war on it from early December, 2023, till late March 2024. They literally distroyed everything there that is civilian related yet they couldn’t get to Hamas and the rest of the Palestinian resistance groups.

For more details see the shock its people experienced when they entered the ruined city as the Israeli army first moved out.

CrossFireArabia

CrossFireArabia

Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

Related Posts

Amnesty Condemns Netanyahu’s Visit to Hungry

Responding to reports that Hungary’s Prime Minister Viktor Orbán has invited and plans to host Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Hungary on Wednesday, Erika Guevara-Rosas the head of Global Research, Advocacy and Policy of Amnesty International said:

“Prime Minister Netanyahu is an alleged war criminal, who is accused of using starvation as a method of warfare, intentionally attacking civilians and the crimes against humanity of murder, persecution, and other inhumane acts.  As a member state of the International Criminal Court (ICC), Hungary must arrest him if he travels to the country and hand him over to the Court. Any trip he takes to an ICC member state that does not end in his arrest would embolden Israel to commit further crimes against Palestinians in the Occupied Palestinian Territory.

“Netanyahu’s reported visit should be seen as a cynical effort to undermine the ICC and its work, and is an insult to the victims of these crimes who are looking to the Court for justice. Hungary’s invitation shows contempt for international law and confirms that alleged war criminals wanted by the ICC are welcome on the streets of a European Union member state.

“Netanyahu’s visit to Hungary must not become a bellwether for the future of human rights in Europe. European and global leaders must end their shameful silence and inaction, and call on Hungary to arrest Netanyahu during a visit which would make a mockery of the suffering of Palestinian victims of Israel’s genocide in Gaza, its war crimes in other parts of the Occupied Palestinian Territory and its entrenched system of apartheid against all Palestinians whose rights it controls.

“Amnesty International calls on the ICC Prosecutor to investigate and prosecute all Israel’s crimes. Hungary should equally do so by applying universal jurisdiction principles. Powerful leaders, like Netanyahu, accused by the ICC of war crimes and crimes against humanity, must no longer enjoy the prospect of perpetual impunity.”

“The ICC was established to ensure accountability for victims of genocide and other crimes under international law, and so that crimes which shock the human conscience would “never again” be accompanied by impunity. In ‘bringing power to justice’, the ICC is now facing a global backlash from powerful leaders seeking to undermine the international rule of law and stamp out the prospect of accountability for the most powerful.”

Background

In November 2024, the ICC issued arrest warrants against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former Defence Minister Yoav Gallant, as well as al-Qassam brigades commander Mohammed Diab Ibrahim Al-Masri, on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.

Since then, leaders from ICC member states France, Germany, Italy, Hungary and Poland have stated or implied that they would not arrest Benjamin Netanyahu if he travelled to their respective countries. The United States has also enacted sanctions against the ICC Prosecutor, Karim Khan.

A cornerstone principle of the ICC’s founding Rome Statute is that all individuals subject to ICC arrest warrants must be arrested and surrendered to the Court without recourse to immunity when they are within the jurisdiction of ICC member states, including on their territory.

Continue reading

You Missed

US Senate Votes For Israel Weapons

US Senate Votes For Israel Weapons

Israel Beheads Babies

Israel Beheads Babies

Israel’s Gaza Bombing Surpasses ISIS Days

Israel’s Gaza Bombing Surpasses ISIS Days

Can Arab States Stop The Israeli Genocide?

Can Arab States Stop The Israeli Genocide?