Israeli Settlers Torch a Mosque Near Hebron, Burn 2 Homes

Settlers set fire to a mosque and two houses in the village of Tuwana in Masafer Yatta, south of Hebron in the southern West Bank, Saturday night.  The attack caused extensive damage to the targeted buildings and also set fire to a civilian vehicle.

Tuwana Village Council Mayor, Muhammad Raba’i, said settlers from the Havat Ma’on outpost stormed the village and set fire to two houses owned by Kamal Musa Raba’i and Mahmoud Salman Raba’i, in addition to setting fire to a vehicle belonging to Hisham al-Harini.

The settlers, under the protection of the Israeli army, also set fire to the Tuwana Mosque using flammable materials, causing the fire to spread to a large area of ​​the surrounding property.

The Palestinian Authority’s Ministry of Religious Endowments and Affairs condemned the arson attack on the mosque, calling it a “dangerous escalation and a crossing of all red lines.” The Ministry emphasized that targeting places of worship constitutes an attack on all religious and humanitarian values.

The Palestinian Foreign Ministry stated the burning of the Al-Tuwana Mosque was a “fully-fledged act of terrorism,” considering it part of a policy aimed at displacing the residents of Masafer Yatta, with the “support and green light of the extremist occupation government.”

The Ministry held the Israeli occupation government fully responsible for the crime and its repercussions, calling on the United Nations, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, and international human rights organizations to intervene urgently to hold the occupation and its settlers accountable and to provide international protection for Palestinians and their holy sites.

The West Bank has witnessed an escalation in attacks by settlers and the Israeli army on Palestinian agricultural lands, including arson, bulldozing, and preventing farmers from accessing their lands, particularly in areas near settlements and outposts.

Since October 8, 2023, the Israeli escalation in the West Bank has resulted in the killing of 1,173 Palestinians and the injury of 12,666 others, in addition to the arrest of approximately 23,000 and the displacement of 33,000, according to official Palestinian figures as reported by Quds Press.

CrossFireArabia

CrossFireArabia

Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

Related Posts

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Al Sabeel:

A photo of Palestinian journalist Mohammed Arab, taken during his court hearing, was published, Sunday. This is the first photo of him to be released since his arrest by Israeli forces at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. The Palestinian Center for the Defense of Prisoners stated that Arab has spent over two years without seeing his own face in a mirror. He was forced to appeal to the court to request summer clothes and underwear, which he had been denied for extended periods, under harsh detention conditions that began with enforced disappearance and continued with mistreatment and the denial of basic rights.

Continue reading
UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

CROSSFIREARABIA – UN figures show groups of armed Israeli settlers are going on the rampage in the West Bank and made 3000 attacks in Palestinian towns, villages and Palestinian farms since the beginning of 2025. In a statement, Sunday, the UN warned there is an unprecedented escalation in the attacks made by the Israeli army and settlers against Palestinians in the West Bank. It said the Palestinians are facing methodological operations where they are being killed and forcibly displaced from their lands on a widescale whether on the urban level and in Bedouin dwellings. The UN agencies clarified the settler attacks has led to hundreds of Palestinians being injured with their properties destroyed including their homes and mosques set on fire, and water networks vandalized under the pretext they are being protected by the Israeli occupation forces.

Continue reading

You Missed

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Click in Gaza

  • By marwan
  • August 16, 2026
  • 9 views
Click in Gaza

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes

Independent: Israeli Settlers Set Fire to a Home With a Child Inside

Independent: Israeli Settlers Set Fire to a Home With a Child Inside