War in The Red Sea Escalates

The Yemeni Armed Forces have announced a large-scale military operation against the US Navy in response to deadly American airstrikes on Yemen. The military confirmed that US forces launched 47 air raids targeting the capital, Sana’a, and seven other provinces.

In retaliation, Yemeni forces carried out a military operation against the USS Harry S. Truman and its warships in the northern Red Sea. According to the statement, the attack involved 18 ballistic and cruise missiles, along with drones.

The Yemeni Armed Forces declared that they will not hesitate to target all US warships in the Red Sea and the Arabian Sea. They emphasized that the American assault will only strengthen Yemen’s resistance according to the Quds News Network.

Additionally, the military reaffirmed its commitment to enforcing the naval blockade on Israeli-linked ships. They stated that the blockade will continue until humanitarian aid reaches Gaza.

The Yemeni Ministry of Health had confirmed that the death toll from US airstrikes on multiple provinces rose to 31, with 101 people injured. Most of the victims are women and children.

Explosions shook the capital, Sana’a, as missiles struck several locations on Saturday. Local sources reported that residential areas were among the targets. Thick smoke and debris covered parts of the city. Houthi-affiliated media described the damage as severe.

Ansar Allah’s political office condemned the attack, calling it a direct act of war. The group stated that the US is serving Israel’s interests and vowed retaliation. Houthi leaders stated that the strikes would not stop their military operations against Israeli ships.

US officials confirmed the assault and warned that strikes could continue for weeks.

Since November 2023, the Houthis have targeted Israeli-linked ships in response to Israel’s genocide in Gaza. The US and UK launched earlier airstrikes on Yemen in 2024, hitting mostly civilian areas. The Houthis retaliated by expanding their operations against American and British warships.

Continue reading
Arab States Say No to Trump On Gaza

Arab nations and organizations continued to express their firm rejection of US President Donald Trump’s plan to seize Gaza and displace Palestinians.

Egypt, Algeria, Iraq, Libya and the Palestinian group Hamas released statements Thursday.

It followed earlier rejections from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Jordan and Oman, along with several regional and international organizations including the Arab League and the Gulf Cooperation Council.

On Thursday, Trump claimed that Palestinians would have “better lives” under his plan, suggesting they would settle in “safer and more beautiful communities with modern homes.” He said the US would collaborate with development teams to build “one of the greatest projects of its kind.”

Earlier in the day, he claimed that Palestinians would have “a chance to be happy, safe, and free” due to the relocation scheme he proposed.

He added that they “would have already been resettled in far safer and more beautiful communities, with new and modern homes, in the region.”

On Tuesday, Trump told a press conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that the US will “take over” Gaza and resettle Palestinians elsewhere under an extraordinary redevelopment plan that he said could turn the enclave into “the Riviera of the Middle East.”

Commenting on Trump’s plan, Egypt said it rejects any proposal “that aims to liquidate the Palestinian cause by uprooting the Palestinian people or displacing them from their historical land and seizing it, whether temporarily or permanently.”

King Abdullah II of Jordan reiterated in a call with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres that Jordan opposes any attempts to annex land or displace Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank.

Kuwait’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs reaffirmed its steadfast support for Palestine’s right to establish an independent state, condemning Israeli settlement policies and the displacement of Palestinians.

Algeria condemned any plan to expel Gaza’s residents, warning that such schemes “undermine the core of the Palestinian national project.”

Both Iraq and Libya expressed their strong opposition to any proposals or attempts to forcibly displace Palestinians, calling on the international community to take a firm stand against these actions.

Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas called Trump’s plan a violation of international law, asserting that Gaza is an integral part of Palestine and rejecting foreign decisions about the future of Palestinians.

Hamas also denounced Trump’s statements, with spokesperson Hazem Qassem calling for an urgent Arab summit to oppose the displacement project, warning that the US is essentially seeking to occupy Gaza.

Saudi Arabia reiterated its unwavering support for Palestinian statehood, while the United Arab Emirates also condemned the displacement efforts, calling for a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The Arab League and Gulf Cooperation Council both reaffirmed their commitment to the Palestinian cause, rejecting any plans for the forced relocation of Palestinians.

The Houthi movement in Yemen also condemned Trump’s statements as a blatant attack on Palestinian rights and an insult to the Arab and Muslim world.

A ceasefire agreement took effect in Gaza on Jan. 19, halting Israel’s genocidal war, which has killed nearly 47,600 Palestinians, most of them women and children, and left the enclave in ruins, according to Anadolu.

The International Criminal Court issued arrest warrants in November last year for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his former Defense Minister Yoav Gallant for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza.

Israel also faces a genocide case at the International Court of Justice for its war on the enclave.

Continue reading
Cairo Plans to Rebuild Gaza Without Displacing Palestinians

Egypt said Sunday that it has a “clear vision” regarding the reconstruction of the war-torn Gaza Strip without displacing Palestinians from the territory.

“The Egyptian efforts regarding Gaza are ongoing and will not stop with regard to implementing the specific requirements of the ceasefire agreement in its three stages,” Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty told a news conference in Cairo with his Djiboutian counterpart Mahamoud Ali Youssouf.

“We have a clear vision for rebuilding the Gaza Strip without any citizen leaving his land,” he added.

Trump suggested last weekend that Palestinians in Gaza should be relocated to Egypt and Jordan, calling the enclave a “demolition site” after Israel’s war. His proposal, however, was vehemently rejected by Cairo and Amman.

A six-nation Arab ministerial meeting in Cairo on Saturday firmly rejected Palestinian displacement from Gaza and renewed calls for implementing a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Trump’s proposal came after a ceasefire agreement took effect in Gaza on Jan. 19, suspending Israel’s genocidal war that has killed nearly 47,500 people, most of them women and children, and injured over 111,000 since Oct. 7, 2023.


Red Sea

The top Egyptian diplomat said there is no justification for military escalation in the Red Sea after the Gaza ceasefire.

“We stress the need to enhance the security of the Red Sea and freedom of maritime navigation, and we reject any military presence of any country that does not border the Red Sea,” he added.

Tension has begun to ease in the Red Sea after the Gaza ceasefire deal. During the Gaza war, Yemen’s Houthi group carried out drone and missile attacks on Israeli cargo ships or ones linked with Tel Aviv in the Red Sea in a show of support for the Palestinian enclave.

Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi met early Sunday with the Djiboutian foreign minister to discuss bilateral cooperation and the latest developments in Somalia and the Red Sea region, the presidency said in a statement.

Tension escalated between Ethiopia and Somalia originated in January 2024, when Addis Ababa signed an agreement with Somalia’s breakaway region of Somaliland to use the Red Sea port of Berbera. Since then, Türkiye has actively mediated to ease tensions between the two nations.

Egypt and Ethiopia are already locked in a decade-long dispute over the construction of a dam project on the Nile River, which Cairo fears will drastically reduce its share from the Nile water. Ethiopia says that the dam is vital for its development process according to Anadolu.

Continue reading
Houthi Missile Target Power Station in Israel

The Yemeni Houthis announced, Sunday, they targeted an Israeli power station south of Haifa with a hypersonic missile, while their media outlets said the US-British coalition carried out raids in northern Yemen.

The Houthis issued a statement on the hypersonic missile hours after the Israeli army announced its defenses intercepted a missile coming from Yemen.

Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said their forces carried out a military operation targeting the “Orot Rabin” power station with a Palestine 2 hypersonic missile, stressing the operation successfully achieved its goal.

Saree added the military operations supporting Gaza will continue in conjunction with the continuous development of the Houthi movement military capabilities.

He continued that the Houthi “armed forces” are working to develop their military capabilities to meet the requirements of forcing Israel to stop its aggression and lift the siege on Gaza.

As of late, Houthi attacks on Israel with ballistic missiles and drones have been frequent, despite the four Israeli airstrikes Yemen was subjected to in weeks.

Explosions in Israel

Early Sunday, the Israeli army announced the interception of a missile launched from Yemen towards Israel.

The Israeli army said in a statement that sirens sounded in the Hadera area, and that the explosions heard in the central area were caused by the launch of interceptor missiles to intercept the Yemeni missile.

Israeli media reported that eyewitnesses heard successive explosions in large areas of central Israel.

For its part, the Israeli Home Front Command reported that sirens sounded in the greater Tel Aviv area.

During previous missile attacks, millions of Israelis fled to shelters and dozens of them were injured while fleeing.

The recent Israeli strikes on Yemen focused on infrastructure, especially electricity and oil facilities in Sanaa and in Hodeidah (west), which includes a strategic port.

Tel Aviv threatened to intensify its attacks on Yemen and target Houthi leaders.

Since late last year, the Houthis have been launching attacks in the Red Sea targeting ships linked to Israel in support of the Palestinian resistance in Gaza, which has had a significant impact on commercial activity in the Israeli port of Eilat and other countries in the region.

Raids on Saada

Meanwhile, Houthi-affiliated media reported that US and British aircraft launched three raids east of the northern Yemeni city of Saada.

The nature of the targets bombed by the aircraft was not clear, and Washington and London say their air operations in Yemen aim to weaken the capabilities of the Houthis.

Last Tuesday, US and British aircraft carried out 10 raids on the May 22 Complex and the Al-Urdi Complex in Sanaa.

Earlier this year, the United States, Britain and other countries formed the “Guardian of Prosperity” coalition to confront Houthi attacks in the Red Sea according to Al Jazeera.

Continue reading
Houthi Missile Injures 12 Israelis in Stampede to Shelters


At least 12 Israelis were injured on Friday as crowds rushed to bomb shelters after a missile launched from Yemen entered Israeli airspace.

The Israeli army claimed to have intercepted the missile, but debris reportedly fell in the Modi’in area in central Israel.

The Israeli Public Broadcasting Corporation confirmed that air raid sirens sounded across the greater Tel Aviv area, the Mediterranean coastal region, and Jerusalem.

Residents reported hearing explosions in and around Jerusalem.

Israeli political and security institutions are reportedly struggling to devise a strategy to halt Houthi attacks as ongoing Israeli airstrikes on critical sites in Yemen have failed to deter the group.

Media reports suggest widespread frustration within Israeli leadership over the escalating threat.

The Houthis, in solidarity with Gaza, which has been facing an Israeli genocidal war since Oct. 7, 2023, have targeted Israeli cargo ships or those associated with Tel Aviv in the Red Sea with missiles and drones, expressing a determination to continue operations until the end of the onslaught on the enclave.

Since the beginning of 2024, a coalition led by the US has been conducting airstrikes that it said are targeting Houthi locations in parts of Yemen in response to attacks by the group in the Red Sea. The counterattacks have been occasionally met with retaliation from the group.

With the intervention of Washington and London and an escalation of tensions, the Houthis announced that they consider all American and British ships military targets according to Anadolu.

Continue reading