Israel Approves New Colony on Occupied Palestinian Lands

Israeli authorities have approved a new settlement plan on around 6,000 dunams (6 kilometers) of land in Bethlehem in the southern West Bank, a non-governmental organization said Thursday.

In a statement, the Applied Research Institute – Jerusalem (ARIJ) said the Gush Etzion Regional Council approved the master plan for a large-scale settlement on July 20 for the area of 6,000 dunams southwest of the illegal Tekoa settlement, south of Bethlehem.

“The plan includes the establishment of residential zones, tourism facilities, industrial and employment zones, and agricultural lands, alongside open spaces and roads within the area,” it added.

The approval comes a week after Gush Etzion regional council chief Yaron Rosenthal said last week that the government had approved the construction of six new settlements within the settlement bloc.

ARIJ explained that the Gush Etzion settlement bloc comprises around 300 illegal settlements with around 120,000 occupiers.

According to the Palestinian Wall and Settlement Resistance Commission, Israel seized around 60,000 dunams of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank in the first 1,000 days of the Gaza war since Oct. 8, 2023.

The UN has repeatedly affirmed that Israeli settlements in occupied Palestinian territories are illegal under international law, warning that they undermine prospects for a two-state solution.

Since the start of Israel’s genocide in Gaza on Oct. 8, 2023, the Israeli army and occupiers have intensified attacks on Palestinians and their property in the occupied West Bank, killing at least 1,185 people and injuring 3,816 others, according to official Palestinian figures.

Palestinians insist on East Jerusalem as the capital of their future state, based on international resolutions that do not recognize Israel’s 1967 occupation or its 1980 annexation of the city. Anadolu

Related Posts

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Al Sabeel:

A photo of Palestinian journalist Mohammed Arab, taken during his court hearing, was published, Sunday. This is the first photo of him to be released since his arrest by Israeli forces at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. The Palestinian Center for the Defense of Prisoners stated that Arab has spent over two years without seeing his own face in a mirror. He was forced to appeal to the court to request summer clothes and underwear, which he had been denied for extended periods, under harsh detention conditions that began with enforced disappearance and continued with mistreatment and the denial of basic rights.

Continue reading
UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

CROSSFIREARABIA – UN figures show groups of armed Israeli settlers are going on the rampage in the West Bank and made 3000 attacks in Palestinian towns, villages and Palestinian farms since the beginning of 2025. In a statement, Sunday, the UN warned there is an unprecedented escalation in the attacks made by the Israeli army and settlers against Palestinians in the West Bank. It said the Palestinians are facing methodological operations where they are being killed and forcibly displaced from their lands on a widescale whether on the urban level and in Bedouin dwellings. The UN agencies clarified the settler attacks has led to hundreds of Palestinians being injured with their properties destroyed including their homes and mosques set on fire, and water networks vandalized under the pretext they are being protected by the Israeli occupation forces.

Continue reading

You Missed

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Click in Gaza

  • By marwan
  • August 16, 2026
  • 11 views
Click in Gaza

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes

Independent: Israeli Settlers Set Fire to a Home With a Child Inside

Independent: Israeli Settlers Set Fire to a Home With a Child Inside