Israel Continues to Ban Al Jazeera

Israeli authorities on Thursday extended the closure of the office of the Qatar television Al Jazeera in occupied East Jerusalem and banned its operations for an additional 90 days.

The daily Maariv said the extension marks the 14th time since Israel banned the channel in May 2024.

Israel barred Al Jazeera from operating inside Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories in May 2024 over its extensive coverage of Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza. The ban has been periodically extended since then.

Last January, Israeli Communications Minister Shlomo Karhi ordered the blocking of Al Jazeera and Lebanon-based Al-Mayadeen televisions across digital platforms, TV screens and YouTube.

The ban prohibits broadcasting and internet companies, and YouTube from providing services to Al Jazeera and Al-Mayadeen inside Israel.

In May 2024, at the height of Israel’s genocidal war on Gaza, Tel Aviv barred Al Jazeera from operating, a decision that has been repeatedly extended over the network’s coverage of the deadly assault.

More than 73,000 Palestinians have been killed and nearly 174,000 others injured in the brutal Israeli war since October 2023, which has also left the enclave in ruins. The UN estimates the cost of Gaza reconstruction at about $70 billion. Anadolu

Related Posts

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Al Sabeel:

A photo of Palestinian journalist Mohammed Arab, taken during his court hearing, was published, Sunday. This is the first photo of him to be released since his arrest by Israeli forces at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. The Palestinian Center for the Defense of Prisoners stated that Arab has spent over two years without seeing his own face in a mirror. He was forced to appeal to the court to request summer clothes and underwear, which he had been denied for extended periods, under harsh detention conditions that began with enforced disappearance and continued with mistreatment and the denial of basic rights.

Continue reading
UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

CROSSFIREARABIA – UN figures show groups of armed Israeli settlers are going on the rampage in the West Bank and made 3000 attacks in Palestinian towns, villages and Palestinian farms since the beginning of 2025. In a statement, Sunday, the UN warned there is an unprecedented escalation in the attacks made by the Israeli army and settlers against Palestinians in the West Bank. It said the Palestinians are facing methodological operations where they are being killed and forcibly displaced from their lands on a widescale whether on the urban level and in Bedouin dwellings. The UN agencies clarified the settler attacks has led to hundreds of Palestinians being injured with their properties destroyed including their homes and mosques set on fire, and water networks vandalized under the pretext they are being protected by the Israeli occupation forces.

Continue reading

You Missed

A Middle East Whirlpool! View From Amman

A Middle East Whirlpool! View From Amman

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

Click in Gaza

  • By marwan
  • August 16, 2026
  • 11 views
Click in Gaza

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes

Hisham Sharabi: Embers and Ashes