Israeli Soldiers Discover Lebanon is No Joyride

The Israeli occupation army announced, Friday morning, the killing of two officers and three other soldiers in battles in southern Lebanon, bringing the announced death toll to 10 in less than 24 hours.

Israeli army radio said the Lebanese Hezbollah launched rockets intensively the previous Thursday night towards the forces stationed in a village in southern Lebanon.

It reported Hezbollah launched a barrage of rockets towards a gathering of the occupation army inside a village in the eastern sector of southern Lebanon, and one of the rockets fell near a building where a force from the 89th Battalion was present according to Jordan24.

This is addition to fighters from a logistical convoy that was about to leave the place after renewing the force’s supplies to continue fighting. As a result of the rocket attack, 24 soldiers were injured, five of whom were killed, four were seriously injured, seven were moderately injured, and eight were slightly injured.

Israeli media reported that the dead included the deputy commander of the 89th Battalion, and all five dead were from the 8th Armored Brigade, 89th Battalion.

The Israeli Ministry of Defense announced 890 soldiers, officers, police officers, and security personnel were killed since October 7 of last year.

The Israeli army reported in a statement published by Israeli media four reserve soldiers were killed and six others were wounded during a clash with Hezbollah fighters in southern Lebanon, Wednesday, when a group of Hezbollah fighters emerged from a tunnel in a rugged area and threw hand grenades at the force.

It pointed out that the number of dead does not include settlers and that among them are 808 officers and soldiers from the Israeli army, 75 members of the Israeli police, and 7 members of the General Security Service (Shabak).

Since September 23, the occupation forces have expanded the scope of the genocide they have been committing in Gaza since 7 October, 2023, to include most areas of Lebanon, including the capital Beirut, through unprecedentedly violent and intense airstrikes, and have also begun a ground incursion into the south, disregarding international warnings and UN resolutions.

The aggression on Lebanon has resulted in the deaths of 2,574 people and the injury of more than 12,000 others, including a large number of women and children, in addition to more than 1,340,000 displaced persons.

Hezbollah Statistics

Hezbollah, and with numbers and statistics drawn up the latest heavy losses it inflicted on the Israeli occupation forces, despite the intensive aerial bombardment.

Hezbollah confirmed that the Israeli army was unable to occupy any of the villages on the front edge of southern Lebanon, confirming that its elements confronted the Israeli forces on five axes on the border according to Al Jazeera.

The party said 70 Israeli soldiers were killed and more than 600 wounded in addition to the destruction of 28 Merkava tanks, four military bulldozers, an armored vehicle, and an armored personnel carrier, in addition to the shooting down four drones.

CrossFireArabia

CrossFireArabia

Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

Related Posts

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

More than four children have been killed or injured every day on average in Lebanon in the first 25 days of a temporary ceasefire with families still unable to return to their homes, said Save the Children.

New data from Lebanon’s Ministry of Health on Tuesday showed that 22 children have been killed and 89 injured since the temporary ceasefire started on 17 April. This brings the number of children killed in Israeli strikes since renewed escalation in hostilities in Lebanon on 2 March to almost 200 with about 2,900 people killed.

The violence and renewed displacement orders have forced more than one million people – or one in six of the population – from their homes with many now living with relatives, in host communities or in collective shelters.

The number of families living in collective shelters has increased 5% since the conditional ceasefire due to renewed displacement orders by Israeli forces and as families return home to find destroyed houses and damaged farmland so move back the collective shelters. There are now 44,800 children among about 125,000 people in collective shelters.

Thousands of children have been living in collective shelters for over two months in overcrowded conditions with inadequate water, sanitation and hygiene facilities leading to reports of scabies and growing health concerns.

Parents are reporting widespread behavioural changes among children living in collective shelters due to a lack of routine and reduced school engagement including loss of appetite and trouble sleeping. Many children are struggling to continue learning with some schools used as collective shelters and also difficulties accessing online learning due to limited electricity, and poor connectivity.

Tala*, 10, has been living in a collective shelter after being displaced from southern Lebanon, said:

“I just want the war to end so I can go home to my village and sleep in my own bed. I really miss school, I want to see my teachers and be with my friends, and study and play again.”

Nora Ingdal, Save the Children’s Lebanon Country Director, said:

“This ‘so called’ ceasefire that still sees more than four children killed or injured every day is not a ceasefire for children. Attacks on civilians have not stopped – it has simply continued under another name. Colleagues have told me that the airstrikes feel more intense in some areas than they ever did before. Children are not safe until there is a permanent and definitive ceasefire with no violations.”

With further peace talks set to take place on Thursday to determine next steps between Lebanon and Israel, Save the Children is calling on the international community to urgently work toward a permanent and definitive ceasefire and ensure flexible and sustained funding to protect children and allow families to return home to resume their lives.

Save the Children has worked in Lebanon since 1953. In collaboration with partners and local authorities, we are distributing essential items in hard-to-reach areas in the south, provide psychosocial support for children, educate families and children about the risks of unexploded ordnance, ensure access to safe water and sanitation facilities, and distribute essential items for those displaced.

ENDS:

Sources:

Lebanon Ministry of Health

Israeli strikes have killed 380 in Lebanon since truce: Health ministry

Lebanon Ministry of Health

Lebanon-Emergency-Sitrep-23-2026.pdf

Continue reading

You Missed

Jordan 2007! Elections and Hiccups: Looking Backwards

Jordan 2007! Elections and Hiccups: Looking Backwards

Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF