Jordan Shoots Down Drone Over Its Airspace

Jordan’s military shot down a drone early Tuesday after it entered the kingdom’s airspace over the eastern desert, the official Petra news agency reported.

The military said the drone was intercepted after breaching Jordanian airspace. No casualties or material damage were reported.

The incident came a day after Jordan’s military said it had shot down two drones targeting the kingdom, while the Israeli military said it intercepted two unmanned aerial vehicles near the Jordanian border that did not enter Israeli territory.

It also followed Saudi Arabia’s announcement Monday that it had intercepted and destroyed several drones launched from Iraqi territory that attempted to target oil facilities in the kingdom.

No group has claimed responsibility for the drone incidents.

On Sunday, an Iranian military spokesperson said Tehran had halted its military operations after the US stopped its attacks on Iran over the previous two days.

Axios reported that President Donald Trump ordered the US military to suspend further strikes on Iran after nearly two weeks of daily attacks.

Tensions between the US and Iran have intensified in recent weeks, with Washington carrying out strikes inside Iran and Tehran responding by targeting what it said were US military facilities and equipment in countries across the region. Anadolu

  • Related Posts

    Kushner Tells Netanyahu Not to Move ‘Westwards’ in Gaza

    CROSSFIREARABIA – Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been ordered not to expand his self-styled “Yellow Line” further into the west of Gaza. The order came as he met with US envoy Jared Kushner, Monday, according to the Israeli media. Israel public broadcaster, Kan, reported that Israeli troops in Gaza were given a formal order not to move the line westward according to the wishes of US president Donald Trump. Kushner met with Netanyahu in presence of the Board of Peace Director Nickolay Mladenov according to Anadolu.

    Continue reading
    Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

    Al Sabeel:

    A photo of Palestinian journalist Mohammed Arab, taken during his court hearing, was published, Sunday. This is the first photo of him to be released since his arrest by Israeli forces at Al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City. The Palestinian Center for the Defense of Prisoners stated that Arab has spent over two years without seeing his own face in a mirror. He was forced to appeal to the court to request summer clothes and underwear, which he had been denied for extended periods, under harsh detention conditions that began with enforced disappearance and continued with mistreatment and the denial of basic rights.

    Continue reading

    You Missed

    In The Line of Fire: Gaza Families Fear The ‘Yellow Line’

    • By marwan
    • August 17, 2026
    • 4 views
    In The Line of Fire: Gaza Families Fear The ‘Yellow Line’

    Kushner Tells Netanyahu Not to Move ‘Westwards’ in Gaza

    • By marwan
    • August 17, 2026
    • 4 views
    Kushner Tells Netanyahu Not to Move ‘Westwards’ in Gaza

    A Middle East Whirlpool! View From Amman

    A Middle East Whirlpool! View From Amman

    Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

    Prisoner Mohammad Arab Hadn’t Seen His Face in 2 Years!

    UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

    UN: 3000 Settler Attacks on West Bank Palestinians Since 2025

    Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt

    Four Days in Cairo: A Journey Into The Faces of Egypt