Hezbollah Launches 18 Rockets on Israel

Hezbollah said it carried out 18 drone and rocket attacks on Israeli military sites in northern Israel and Israeli forces operating in southern Lebanon since early Friday.

The group said the attacks are “in response to Israeli aggression targeting dozens of Lebanese towns and cities, including Beirut’s southern suburbs.”

It said it launched a swarm of suicide drones against the Ktsavia base in the occupied Syrian Golan.

Hezbollah also said its fighters fired a guided missile at Israeli soldiers taking cover at the newly established Blat site in southern Lebanon, claiming a “direct hit.”

The group added that it carried out another aerial attack using suicide drones targeting the Ammiad base south of the Israeli city of Safed, according to Anadolu.

Hezbollah said it fired a rocket barrage at Israeli army forces stationed at the newly established Markaba site in southern Lebanon.

Later Friday, the group announced additional rocket attacks on five illegal Israeli settlements in northern Israel — Shomera, Kiryat Shmona, Ramot Naftali, Malkia and Sasa — without providing details on the results.

Earlier, Hezbollah said its fighters targeted the illegal Sasa settlement with rockets, struck the Blat military site with drones and fired rockets at the border barracks of Zarit.

It also said it targeted Israeli military vehicle concentrations in the southern Lebanese town of Markaba and in the Wadi al-Asafir area near the town of Khiam.

Hezbollah said fighters achieved direct hits against advancing Israeli forces in Wadi al-Asafir and forced them to retreat.

It also said it targeted the Malkia military site in northern Israel with rockets.

In additional attacks, Hezbollah said it launched rocket barrages at the Haifa naval base in northern Israel and at Israeli troop concentrations in Metula, Manara, Marj and Tellet al-Ajl.

It also said it targeted Israeli army gatherings in Wadi al-Asafir, Talat al-Hamamis near Khiam, the Kfar Kila gate area, a newly established Israeli military position in Markaba inside Lebanese territory, and the Ruwaysat al-Alam site in the occupied Lebanese hills of Kfar Shouba.

The group issued a warning to Israelis to evacuate 23 settlements near the Lebanese border and move at least 5 kilometers (3 miles) south, in response to evacuation orders Israel issued to Lebanese residents in recent days.

The escalation comes as Israel continues heavy airstrikes across Lebanon, including in Beirut, triggering large-scale displacement.

Earlier Friday, Israeli strikes killed 19 people and wounded others in several parts of Lebanon, while destroying residential and religious buildings.

The Israeli army said eight of its soldiers were wounded by rocket fire from southern Lebanon, including several in serious condition.

The conflict expanded Monday to include Lebanon after Israel and the US launched attacks against Iran on Saturday, which left hundreds dead, including Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei.

Hezbollah, an ally of Iran, said it attacked a military site in northern Israel Monday in response to continued Israeli attacks on Lebanon and the killing of Khamenei, despite a ceasefire agreement that had been in place since November 2024.

Israel responded the same day with airstrikes on Beirut’s southern suburbs and areas in southern and eastern Lebanon, leaving dozens dead before launching a limited ground incursion Tuesday.

  • CrossFireArabia

    CrossFireArabia

    Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

    Related Posts

    Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

    More than four children have been killed or injured every day on average in Lebanon in the first 25 days of a temporary ceasefire with families still unable to return to their homes, said Save the Children.

    New data from Lebanon’s Ministry of Health on Tuesday showed that 22 children have been killed and 89 injured since the temporary ceasefire started on 17 April. This brings the number of children killed in Israeli strikes since renewed escalation in hostilities in Lebanon on 2 March to almost 200 with about 2,900 people killed.

    The violence and renewed displacement orders have forced more than one million people – or one in six of the population – from their homes with many now living with relatives, in host communities or in collective shelters.

    The number of families living in collective shelters has increased 5% since the conditional ceasefire due to renewed displacement orders by Israeli forces and as families return home to find destroyed houses and damaged farmland so move back the collective shelters. There are now 44,800 children among about 125,000 people in collective shelters.

    Thousands of children have been living in collective shelters for over two months in overcrowded conditions with inadequate water, sanitation and hygiene facilities leading to reports of scabies and growing health concerns.

    Parents are reporting widespread behavioural changes among children living in collective shelters due to a lack of routine and reduced school engagement including loss of appetite and trouble sleeping. Many children are struggling to continue learning with some schools used as collective shelters and also difficulties accessing online learning due to limited electricity, and poor connectivity.

    Tala*, 10, has been living in a collective shelter after being displaced from southern Lebanon, said:

    “I just want the war to end so I can go home to my village and sleep in my own bed. I really miss school, I want to see my teachers and be with my friends, and study and play again.”

    Nora Ingdal, Save the Children’s Lebanon Country Director, said:

    “This ‘so called’ ceasefire that still sees more than four children killed or injured every day is not a ceasefire for children. Attacks on civilians have not stopped – it has simply continued under another name. Colleagues have told me that the airstrikes feel more intense in some areas than they ever did before. Children are not safe until there is a permanent and definitive ceasefire with no violations.”

    With further peace talks set to take place on Thursday to determine next steps between Lebanon and Israel, Save the Children is calling on the international community to urgently work toward a permanent and definitive ceasefire and ensure flexible and sustained funding to protect children and allow families to return home to resume their lives.

    Save the Children has worked in Lebanon since 1953. In collaboration with partners and local authorities, we are distributing essential items in hard-to-reach areas in the south, provide psychosocial support for children, educate families and children about the risks of unexploded ordnance, ensure access to safe water and sanitation facilities, and distribute essential items for those displaced.

    ENDS:

    Sources:

    Lebanon Ministry of Health

    Israeli strikes have killed 380 in Lebanon since truce: Health ministry

    Lebanon Ministry of Health

    Lebanon-Emergency-Sitrep-23-2026.pdf

    Continue reading

    You Missed

    Jordan 2007! Elections and Hiccups: Looking Backwards

    Jordan 2007! Elections and Hiccups: Looking Backwards

    Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

    Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

    Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

    Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

    Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

    Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

    The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

    The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

    Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

    Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF