US Delegates Walk Out of a UN Meeting!

The US delegation walked out of the UN Security Council chamber during France’s remarks on Monday, accusing Paris of using the forum to deliver a politicized criticism over the US position on renewing UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Turk’s mandate.

“I must point out that there is a member of this Council that will feign moral outrage and pretend to lecture the rest of us about every topic, whether it’s about the very conflict we’re discussing yet again today, or even those unrelated to international peace and security, like human rights,” US Representative to the UN Economic and Social Council Dan Negrea said.

Negrea criticized the French position on Turk’s mandate, saying: “This disingenuous grandstanding is tiresome, but we have tolerated it out of a sense of camaraderie and mutual respect as P5 members.”

“As such, we will not be affording them the benefit of listening to their politicized drivel until they renounce their condescending and disrespectful rhetoric and behave in a manner commensurate with their seat on this Council,” he added.

France’s UN envoy Jerome Bonnafont defended his country’s approach, saying: “We work to preserve this institution, its independence, its ability to act in service of the Charter and act to serve human rights and peace.”

The US delegation’s walkout protest came in response to a post on US social media platform X by the French mission in Geneva, saying: “The US used to be a beacon of human rights. Not anymore.”

Sharing the results of the voting for Turk’s mandate, the French mission argued that the US “stands alongside North Korea, Nicaragua, Mali & Russia, isolated. And the world no longer listens to it.”

Last week, the General Assembly approved Turk for a new term as UN high commissioner for human rights with 144 nations in favor and 13 abstentions. The US was among only 10 countries that voted against the appointment alongside Israel, Russia and Argentina. Anadolu

Related Posts

Itamar Ben Gvir: ‘We Should Kill 30 to 40 in Gaza Each Night’

CROSSFIREARABIA – Israel’s extremist National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir says that “30 to 40” people in Gaza should be killed each night. He made his comment, Saturday evening. “I think we should carry out targeted assassinations in Gaza, taking down 30 to 40 every night” according to the Times of Israel. “Not just those who pose an immediate threat. No, there are people there who are not worthy of life,” he added. He was speaking on Rom Braslavski “October 8” podcast.  Braslavski was a captive held by Hamas and later released.  Gvir continues to call for the mass emigration of Palestinians from Gaza and resettling the enclave with Israelis. “I see all of Gaza as Ours,” he said.

Continue reading

You Missed

Your Ben Gurion! Revelations

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Your Ben Gurion! Revelations

Gaza’s Face of Destruction

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Gaza’s Face of Destruction

Sad Woman of Palestine

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 8 views
Sad Woman of Palestine

Itamar Ben Gvir: ‘We Should Kill 30 to 40 in Gaza Each Night’

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 12 views
Itamar Ben Gvir: ‘We Should Kill 30 to 40 in Gaza Each Night’

Gaza Health Ministry States 1266 Killed Since The Ceasefire

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 12 views
Gaza Health Ministry States 1266 Killed Since The Ceasefire

‘We Think of Hanan Ashrawi Only as a Palestinian’

  • By marwan
  • August 18, 2026
  • 7 views
‘We Think of Hanan Ashrawi Only as a Palestinian’