Hassan Nasrallah Vows ‘Hell’ For Israel

Hezbollah Secretary-General Hassan Nasrallah vowed to turn Israel’s actions into a “hell”, Thursday, after the group suffered a “severe blow” when communication devices were detonated earlier this week in Lebanon.  

Nasrallah made the remarks during a televised speech to address the explosions that killed 37 people and injured thousands.  

“We admit we have received a severe blow which is natural as we acknowledge Israel’s technological superiority, backed by the US, NATO, and the West,” said Nasrallah. “The Israeli enemy sought to kill 5,000 people within just two minutes, showing no regard for anything.”  

“The number of pagers carried by Hezbollah members is 4,000, which implies that Israel intentionally sought to kill 4,000 people,” he said.  

The explosions “will be met with a just retribution, severe reckoning, timing, place, the nature of which we will determine,” said Nasrallah.  

He warned Israel that if it establishes a security belt on Lebanese territory, “it will be turn into a trap and a hell.”  

Nasrallah added that multiple investigative commissions were formed to examine the circumstances of the explosions and they have reached a nearly definitive conclusion, but the Lebanese resistance group is awaiting confirmation.  

He noted that the severity of eye injuries from the explosions “has placed significant pressure on hospitals in Lebanon.”  

Furthermore, Nasrallah pointed out that many of the explosions occurred in hospitals, markets, public roads and homes – areas predominantly inhabited by civilians, including children and women.  

His speech coincided with the intensive flights of Israeli warplanes flying at low altitude over the Lebanese capital, Beirut, breaking the sound barrier multiple times, Anadolu reporter said.

The Hezbollah chief considered the blasts to be a natural occurrence, stating: “This is the nature of war and conflict. We know that our enemy has a technological superiority because America stands behind it, along with NATO and the West.”   

He emphasized: “the Lebanese front will not stop until the war on Gaza stops.”  

Nasrallah noted that senior Hezbollah leaders do not carry the type of pager devices that exploded on Tuesday, asserting that the resistance’s structure “remains large and cohesive.”  

Nasrallah concluded his speech by affirming that what occurred on Tuesday and Wednesday will be met with “just retribution and severe reckoning,” indicating that Hezbollah “will determine the timing, place, and nature of the response.”  

At least 37 people were killed and nearly 3,000 others injured on Tuesday and Wednesday in explosions that targeted thousands of wireless communication devices across the country.  

There has been no Israeli comment on the blasts, which came amid an escalation in cross-border warfare between Israel and Hezbollah since the start of Israel’s deadly war on the Gaza Strip, which has killed nearly 41,300 people, mostly women and children, following a cross-border attack by Hamas last Oct. 7.  

CrossFireArabia

CrossFireArabia

Dr. Marwan Asmar holds a PhD from Leeds University and is a freelance writer specializing on the Middle East. He has worked as a journalist since the early 1990s in Jordan and the Gulf countries, and been widely published, including at Albawaba, Gulf News, Al Ghad, World Press Review and others.

Related Posts

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

More than four children have been killed or injured every day on average in Lebanon in the first 25 days of a temporary ceasefire with families still unable to return to their homes, said Save the Children.

New data from Lebanon’s Ministry of Health on Tuesday showed that 22 children have been killed and 89 injured since the temporary ceasefire started on 17 April. This brings the number of children killed in Israeli strikes since renewed escalation in hostilities in Lebanon on 2 March to almost 200 with about 2,900 people killed.

The violence and renewed displacement orders have forced more than one million people – or one in six of the population – from their homes with many now living with relatives, in host communities or in collective shelters.

The number of families living in collective shelters has increased 5% since the conditional ceasefire due to renewed displacement orders by Israeli forces and as families return home to find destroyed houses and damaged farmland so move back the collective shelters. There are now 44,800 children among about 125,000 people in collective shelters.

Thousands of children have been living in collective shelters for over two months in overcrowded conditions with inadequate water, sanitation and hygiene facilities leading to reports of scabies and growing health concerns.

Parents are reporting widespread behavioural changes among children living in collective shelters due to a lack of routine and reduced school engagement including loss of appetite and trouble sleeping. Many children are struggling to continue learning with some schools used as collective shelters and also difficulties accessing online learning due to limited electricity, and poor connectivity.

Tala*, 10, has been living in a collective shelter after being displaced from southern Lebanon, said:

“I just want the war to end so I can go home to my village and sleep in my own bed. I really miss school, I want to see my teachers and be with my friends, and study and play again.”

Nora Ingdal, Save the Children’s Lebanon Country Director, said:

“This ‘so called’ ceasefire that still sees more than four children killed or injured every day is not a ceasefire for children. Attacks on civilians have not stopped – it has simply continued under another name. Colleagues have told me that the airstrikes feel more intense in some areas than they ever did before. Children are not safe until there is a permanent and definitive ceasefire with no violations.”

With further peace talks set to take place on Thursday to determine next steps between Lebanon and Israel, Save the Children is calling on the international community to urgently work toward a permanent and definitive ceasefire and ensure flexible and sustained funding to protect children and allow families to return home to resume their lives.

Save the Children has worked in Lebanon since 1953. In collaboration with partners and local authorities, we are distributing essential items in hard-to-reach areas in the south, provide psychosocial support for children, educate families and children about the risks of unexploded ordnance, ensure access to safe water and sanitation facilities, and distribute essential items for those displaced.

ENDS:

Sources:

Lebanon Ministry of Health

Israeli strikes have killed 380 in Lebanon since truce: Health ministry

Lebanon Ministry of Health

Lebanon-Emergency-Sitrep-23-2026.pdf

Continue reading

You Missed

Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

Iran is Writing The Final Chapter!

Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

Gaza Fishermen Dream of Life Prior to 7 Oct

Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

Giant Phillippines Volcano Shows no Rest!

The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

The Chinese Fortune Cookie and The “Thucydides Trap”! A  View From Amman

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

Israel Kills 200 Lebanese Children – UNICEF

Nakba – 78 Years of Occupation Misery

Nakba – 78 Years of Occupation Misery