US Launches War on Yemen With 15 Airstrikes

US warplanes launched 15 airstrikes on the southern area of Sanaa late Wednesday, Houthi media reported.

“US aggression targets southern capital with a series of airstrikes,” Al-Masirah TV, affiliated with the Houthi group, reported on Telegram.

It added that “the American aggression targeted the Jarban area in the Sanhan district with 8 airstrikes, the Khadm and Jumaima Rajam areas in Bani Hushaysh district with 5 airstrikes, and Al-Dailami Air Base with 2 airstrikes,” according to Anadolu.

https://twitter.com/Yemenimilitary/status/1904955074754851135

The Houthi-affiliated 26 September news website, citing an unnamed local source, reported earlier that “the US aggression launched five airstrikes on the outskirts of the city of Saada and three strikes on the Al Salem district of the same governorate on Wednesday.”

It said that “two US airstrikes targeted the Harf Sufyan district in Amran governorate on Wednesday” and noted that the “Saada governorate was hit by 17 US airstrikes late Tuesday night into Wednesday morning,” bringing the number of strikes on the two governorates to 27 in the past 24 hours.

Saada is considered the main stronghold of the Houthi group and shares a land border with Saudi Arabia. The Houthis have controlled Amran since 2014.

US President Donald Trump said last week that he had ordered a “major offensive” against the Houthis and later threatened to “whip them out completely.”

The Houthi group has been attacking Israeli-linked ships passing through the Red and Arabian seas, the Bab al-Mandab Strait, and the Gulf of Aden with missiles and drones since late 2023, disrupting global trade for what it said is a show of solidarity with the Gaza Strip.​​​​​​​

The group halted its attacks when a ceasefire was declared in January between Israel and the Palestinian resistance group, Hamas, but it threatened to resume the attacks when Israel blocked all humanitarian aid into Gaza on March 2.

Continue reading
Houthi Missile Target Power Station in Israel

The Yemeni Houthis announced, Sunday, they targeted an Israeli power station south of Haifa with a hypersonic missile, while their media outlets said the US-British coalition carried out raids in northern Yemen.

The Houthis issued a statement on the hypersonic missile hours after the Israeli army announced its defenses intercepted a missile coming from Yemen.

Houthi military spokesman Yahya Saree said their forces carried out a military operation targeting the “Orot Rabin” power station with a Palestine 2 hypersonic missile, stressing the operation successfully achieved its goal.

Saree added the military operations supporting Gaza will continue in conjunction with the continuous development of the Houthi movement military capabilities.

He continued that the Houthi “armed forces” are working to develop their military capabilities to meet the requirements of forcing Israel to stop its aggression and lift the siege on Gaza.

As of late, Houthi attacks on Israel with ballistic missiles and drones have been frequent, despite the four Israeli airstrikes Yemen was subjected to in weeks.

Explosions in Israel

Early Sunday, the Israeli army announced the interception of a missile launched from Yemen towards Israel.

The Israeli army said in a statement that sirens sounded in the Hadera area, and that the explosions heard in the central area were caused by the launch of interceptor missiles to intercept the Yemeni missile.

Israeli media reported that eyewitnesses heard successive explosions in large areas of central Israel.

For its part, the Israeli Home Front Command reported that sirens sounded in the greater Tel Aviv area.

During previous missile attacks, millions of Israelis fled to shelters and dozens of them were injured while fleeing.

The recent Israeli strikes on Yemen focused on infrastructure, especially electricity and oil facilities in Sanaa and in Hodeidah (west), which includes a strategic port.

Tel Aviv threatened to intensify its attacks on Yemen and target Houthi leaders.

Since late last year, the Houthis have been launching attacks in the Red Sea targeting ships linked to Israel in support of the Palestinian resistance in Gaza, which has had a significant impact on commercial activity in the Israeli port of Eilat and other countries in the region.

Raids on Saada

Meanwhile, Houthi-affiliated media reported that US and British aircraft launched three raids east of the northern Yemeni city of Saada.

The nature of the targets bombed by the aircraft was not clear, and Washington and London say their air operations in Yemen aim to weaken the capabilities of the Houthis.

Last Tuesday, US and British aircraft carried out 10 raids on the May 22 Complex and the Al-Urdi Complex in Sanaa.

Earlier this year, the United States, Britain and other countries formed the “Guardian of Prosperity” coalition to confront Houthi attacks in the Red Sea according to Al Jazeera.

Continue reading