Trump: ‘This is a Great Day’

The White House broadcast a recorded clip of US President Donald Trump commenting on the statement by the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) agreeing to a proposal to cease the war on the Gaza Strip.

Trump said: “This is a great day, and we’ll see how things play out, and I very much look forward to the return of the hostages to their families.”

Trump added: “I want to thank the countries that helped with the Gaza issue, such as Qatar, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, and others. I thank the great countries that helped with Gaza, and we received a tremendous amount of support.”

Trump emphasized that “everyone was united in their desire to end the war and see peace in the Middle East, and we are very close to achieving that.”

Jo24

Continue reading
Houthis Strike Israel With ‘Palestine 2’ Missile

The Yemeni Armed Forces announced the “carrying out of a qualitative military operation targeting several sensitive locations in the occupied Yafa area, using a hypersonic ballistic missile, Palestine 2, with multiple warheads.”

The Yemeni forces said in a statement, Monday, “the operation successfully achieved its objectives and caused millions of herds of usurping Zionists to flee to shelters.”

It added: “We carried out a qualitative military operation with two drones that targeted two vital targets of the Israeli enemy in the Umm al-Rashrash area in southern occupied Palestine. The operation successfully achieved its objectives, thanks be to God.”

It emphasized that “the only option for our Arab and Islamic nation in the face of this enemy, which is attacking Arab and Islamic countries and committing massacres and genocide against our brothers in Gaza, is to confront, stand firm, and provide all necessary support to the oppressed Palestinian people and their honorable and noble resistance.”

It continued: “We will continue to fulfill our religious, moral, and humanitarian duties until the aggression against Gaza stops and the siege is lifted.”

The Houthis in Yemen assert that they are bombing the occupying state of Israel “in support of the Palestinians in Gaza,” and will continue bombing as long as Tel Aviv continues its war of genocide with American support according to Jo24.

Since October 7, 2023, the occupying forces, with direct support from the United States and Western countries, have continued to wage a devastating war in Gaza, which has so far resulted in the martyrdom and injury of approximately 234,000 Palestinians, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in the Gaza Strip.

Continue reading
Israel Shells One More Hospital in Gaza

The Israeli army targeted another hospital in the Gaza Strip, disrupting medical services, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry.

“The Israeli army shelled Al-Helou Hospital in Gaza City with two missiles, making the entry to or exit from the hospital impossible,” the director of the Health Ministry Media Office, Ismail Al-Thawabta, told Anadolu on Sunday.

“Doctors and patients inside the hospital are living in a state of terror and severe fear, which has been worsened by the occupation’s deliberate cutoff of the hospital’s internet network to isolate it from the outside world and suspend medical services for civilians,” Thawabta said.

The official stressed that such actions by Israel constitute “crimes against humanity,” and a “full-fledged war crime was added to the (Israeli) occupation’s black record.”

At least 38 Gaza hospitals were destroyed or rendered out of service, 96 healthcare centers were targeted, and 197 ambulances were destroyed or damaged by the Israeli army since the start of its genocidal war in October 2023, according to Health Ministry data.

“The (Israeli) occupation also carried out 788 direct attacks on healthcare facilities, staff, and supply chains, and killed 1,670 medical workers while carrying out their humanitarian duty,” the director added.

He pointed out: “These documented figures are not just statistics, but clear evidence of the occupation’s policy of targeting the Palestinian people’s lives, health, and dignity.”

“These crimes will not be forgotten over time,” the official said, as he held Israel and the US fully responsible.

He called on the international community to assume its legal and moral responsibilities to stop this ongoing crime and protect civilians and the healthcare system in the Gaza Strip.

The Israeli army has killed over 66,000 Palestinians, most of them women and children, in Gaza since October 2023. The relentless bombardment has rendered the enclave uninhabitable and led to starvation and the spread of diseases.

Continue reading
Hamas: ‘Blair Not Welcomed in Palestine’

The Palestinian group Hamas said Sunday that former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is “an unwelcome figure in the Palestinian context,” stressing it has not received any proposal through mediators regarding a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip.

The remarks came from senior Hamas political bureau member Husam Badran published by the group on Telegram.

They followed a report in Israel’s Haaretz daily quoting an Arab political source as saying the US administration has drawn up a plan to appoint Blair to head a temporary administration in Gaza.

Badran said linking any plan to Blair “is an ominous sign for the Palestinian people,” describing him as “a negative figure who deserves to stand before international courts for his crimes, especially his role in the war on Iraq (from 2003–2011).”

He went further, calling Blair “the devil’s brother,” and said he “has brought nothing good to the Palestinian cause, the Arabs or the Muslims, and his criminal, destructive role has been well known for years.”

Badran stressed that managing Palestinian affairs in Gaza or the West Bank is an “internal matter that must be decided through national consensus, not imposed by any regional or international party.”

“The Palestinian people are capable of managing themselves; we have the resources and expertise to run our own affairs and our relations with the region and the world,” he added.

He revealed that since December 2023, Hamas’ leadership had made an internal decision — shared with Palestinian factions and friendly states — that it does not want to continue governing Gaza alone, even before the escalation of war and destruction according to Anadolu.

On reported ceasefire proposals, Badran said: “We have not received any official proposal through mediators, which is the usual channel for such initiatives.”

He added that so far, everything being circulated “comes only through the media, whether attributed to (US President Donald) Trump or others.”

He noted this is not the first time that Washington, in coordination with Israel, has floated ideas and initiatives that later take time to be finalized and formally conveyed through mediators.

Earlier Sunday, Hamas said in a separate statement that ceasefire talks have been suspended since Israel’s failed assassination attempt against Hamas leaders in Doha, Qatar on Sept. 9 and that it has received no new proposals in this regard.

This comes after Trump last Tuesday presented a 21-point plan to Arab and Muslim leaders on the sidelines of the 80th UN General Assembly in New York aimed at ending Israel’s two-year war on Gaza.

On Aug. 18, Hamas agreed to a mediator proposal for a partial ceasefire and prisoner exchange, but Israel failed to respond, despite the plan matching an earlier initiative put forward by US Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff and approved by Tel Aviv.

The Israeli opposition and families of captives accuse Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of blocking any potential deal to end the war and bring home their relatives in order to protect his political survival.

Domestically, Netanyahu faces corruption charges that could land him in prison if convicted, while the International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for him on charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity against Palestinians in Gaza.

The Israeli army has killed over 66,000 Palestinians, most of them women and children, in Gaza since October 2023. The relentless bombardment has rendered the enclave uninhabitable and led to starvation and the spread of diseases.

Continue reading
900,000 Refuse to Leave Gaza City: ‘We Are Not Evacuating

More than 900,000 Palestinians in Gaza City are refusing to leave their homes despite relentless Israeli bombardment aimed at forcibly displacing residents, local authorities said Wednesday.

In a statement, Gaza’s Government Media Office said residents are “holding firm to their right to remain” and categorically rejecting Israeli attempts to drive them south, even as entire neighborhoods come under heavy fire.

It accused the Israeli army of conducting a “systematic deception campaign” by advertising tents, aid, and humanitarian services that “do not exist on the ground.” Such claims, it said, are aimed at forcing civilians to abandon their homes and neighborhoods.

The office added that government teams have documented a rise in families moving south in recent weeks, attributing it to Israel’s “barbaric crimes” and intensified military operations.

Israel launched Operation “Gideon Chariots 2” earlier this month, aiming at the complete occupation of Gaza City. Nearly one million Palestinians, most of them displaced from other parts of the enclave, remain trapped under relentless bombardment.

The Israeli army has killed more than 65,300 Palestinians, most of them women and children, in Gaza since October 2023. The relentless bombardment has rendered the enclave uninhabitable and led to starvation and the spread of diseases according to Anadolu.

Continue reading