King Abdullah Meets Trump on 11 Feb.

Jordan’s King Abdullah II will meet with US President Donald Trump at the White House on Feb. 11, the royal court said on Sunday.

The visit comes upon an invitation from the US president, it said in a brief statement.

Trump suggested last weekend that Palestinians in Gaza should be relocated to Jordan and Egypt, calling the enclave a “demolition site” after Israel’s war. His proposal, however, was vehemently rejected by Amman and Cairo.

A six-nation Arab ministerial meeting in Cairo on Saturday firmly rejected Palestinian displacement from Gaza and renewed calls for implementing a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Last week, Abdullah had a phone call with Trump, during which he underlined the importance of the US role in achieving peace and stability in the Middle East region according to Anadolu.

Continue reading
Israel Blows up 20 Buildings in Jenin Camp

Israeli forces blew up an entire residential block in Jenin refugee camp on Sunday. The military also announced an expansion of its assaults in the northern West Bank, targeting five additional villages.

The Israeli army said it destroyed 20 buildings in Jenin’s Al-Damj neighborhood as part of what it called an “anti-terror operation.” Local sources reported that Israeli forces brought large amounts of explosives into the camp after forcing residents to evacuate in previous days.

Al-Damj is known for its resistance to Israeli occupation of the West Bank, especially during the First Intifada in 1987 and the April 2002 Israeli invasion of Jenin.

The demolitions extended to multiple neighborhoods, including Al-Damj, Al-Hawwashin, the area behind Al-Aseer Mosque, and Mihoub Street. The ongoing Israeli assault in Jenin has now entered its 13th day. Troops continue to demolish homes, carve out new roads, and turn dozens of houses into military outposts amid a heavy deployment across the city.

Israeli Army Expands Military Operations

The Israeli army announced plans to widen its operations in the northern West Bank. It launched a new military offensive in the town of Tammun, south of Tubas, and deployed reinforcements.

Israeli forces began searching Tammun, claiming to have discovered weapons and ammunition stockpiles. Troops also took over several homes in Al-Jabal neighborhood, turning them into military outposts and displacing their residents.

Israeli forces raided Al-Fara’a refugee camp in Tubas, destroying infrastructure. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported that Israeli troops blocked medical teams from aiding a patient inside the camp.

Jenin residents are preparing to bury 13 Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in recent days.

Israeli troops murdered seven Palestinians in less than 24 hours across Jenin and Tulkarm. Airstrikes targeted eastern Jenin and a vehicle in Qabatiya, killing five people.

Palestinian medical teams also transferred the body of an elderly man shot dead by Israeli forces at the entrance to Jenin refugee camp.

In Tulkarm, another Palestinian was killed when Israeli soldiers opened fire during a military raid on the city and its refugee camp according to Quds News Network.

Continue reading
Letter to My Captives

Al-Qassam Brigades, Hamas’ military wing, has released a letter written by Israeli-American prisoner Keith Siegel before his release. Siegel, 65, was freed on Saturday as part of the fourth phase of a prisoner exchange deal.

In the letter, published on Al-Qassam’s Telegram channel along with an Arabic translation, Siegel described his conditions in captivity. He stated that his guards ensured he had food, water, medicine, and vitamins.

Keith Siegel noted that when he fell ill, Al-Qassam fighters provided him with a doctor. They also brought him food that suited his health needs, including a vegetarian diet without oil.

He thanked his captors for their care throughout his time in Gaza since October 7, 2023. He also criticized the Israeli government, saying it failed to secure a deal to bring prisoners home and end the war. “This led to many casualties and more harm to both sides,” he wrote.

On Saturday, Al-Qassam also released a video of Siegel speaking in Arabic, thanking his captors before his release.

Continue reading