Gaza Doctors Film Wins BAFTA Despite The BBC

A documentary about Israel’s systematic targeting of doctors in the Gaza Strip won the “Best Current Affairs Program” award at the 2026 British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards.

The British Academy announced the win during the awards ceremony held in London on Sunday evening, recognizing “Gaza: Doctors Under Attack” as one of the outstanding television programs broadcast in 2025, alongside other British drama and documentary productions.

The film was originally produced for the BBC, but the corporation decided to cancel its broadcast in June 2025, citing a lack of impartiality and bias. Channel 4 later picked it up.

Basement Films, the production company, stated previously that the film had received at least six official broadcast dates and underwent a thorough review process before the BBC ultimately decided against airing it.

The founder of the production company, Ben de Beer, accused the BBC of obstructing journalistic work and attempting to silence dissenting voices, according to the same statement.

During her acceptance speech for the “Best Current Affairs Program” award at the BAFTA Awards, the documentary’s presenter, Ramita Navai, said: “The BBC paid for the production of this film and then refused to air it, but we refused to be silenced and censored.”

For his part, the film’s executive producer, Ben de Beer, criticized the BBC’s decision, saying: “Since you’ve dropped the film, will you also drop us from the BAFTA Awards?”

The documentary “Gaza: Doctors Under Attack” addresses what it describes as the systematic targeting of healthcare facilities and medical personnel by the Israeli army during the war on the Gaza Strip, which began on October 8, 2013.

The film also includes testimonies and footage documenting the targeting, arrest, and torture of doctors and healthcare workers, in violation of the protections afforded to medical personnel under international law during armed conflicts.

According to reports issued by UN and international human rights organizations, medical personnel in the Gaza Strip have been directly targeted since the start of the war, whether through killing, injury, or arrest.

Ismail al-Thawabta, Director General of the Government Media Office in Gaza, had previously stated that the number of medical personnel killed since October 7, 2023, had reached approximately 1,581.

Al-Thawabta added that 362 medical personnel had been arrested by Israel since the beginning of the war, including 88 doctors. Palestine Information Center

Continue reading
Slaughtering The Truth: Israeli Kills Journalists

The Palestinian Prisoners Club stated, Monday the Israeli occupation continues to detain 14 journalists in its prisons, while two others have simply disappeared and nobody knows were they are being held.

In a statement received by Sanad News Agency, coinciding with the fourth anniversary of the assassination of Al Jazeera correspondent Shireen Abu Akleh, the Prisoners Club added that the occupation has killed more than 260 journalists in a systematic campaign of mass murder targeting witnesses to the crimes committed since the beginning of the genocidal war on Gaza.

The statement also stated that the Israeli occupation forces have arrested and detained more than 240 journalists, and that more than 40 of them are still in detention.

Read also: Documentary reveals the identity of the Israeli soldier who killed Shireen Abu Akleh

The statement further explained that at least 14 journalists from Gaza remain in detention. It also stated that two journalists Nidal al-Wahidi and Haitham Abdel Wahed have simply disappeared and Palestinians believe they are forcibly held by the Israeli authorities who are refusing to divulge where they are being held.

The Prisoners Club says their forced holding is a crime constitutes a grave violation of international law and reveals a deliberate policy of concealing their fate. It continued: “On this anniversary, we affirm that Palestine, like the prisoners and their families, has lost a professional and humanitarian voice that dedicated her life to unveilling the suffering of the Palestinians and their cause. The martyr Shireen Abu Akleh carried the cause of her people as a sacred trust, working tirelessly for years with all her might for it.”

The Club added: “Shireen remained a guardian of the truth until her last breath, like all the journalists who championed the cause of their homeland and the prisoners, and who were martyred in the pursuit of truth and exposing the crimes of the occupation.”

Shireen Abu Akleh was martyred on May 11, 2022. Investigations by Palestinian, Israeli, and international media and human rights organizations at the time concluded that she was shot by Israeli army fire while covering the raid on Jenin.

Continue reading
Barghouti: Israel Shows its True Face on Oslo

Mustafa Barghouti, Secretary-General of the Palestinian National Initiative comments:

Israel is revealing its true face with the decision of its government to discuss the cancellation of the Oslo Accords and their annexes. Since the signing of the Oslo agreements, which are riddled in loopholes, most notably the failure to stipulate a settlement freeze, we have warned that Israel and the Zionist movement use agreements as a temporary measure to shift the balance of power in their favor, and that their unchanging goal is the annexation and Judaization of all of the occupied Palestinian territories.

Barghouti adds: “Now, Israel is revealing its true face by rejecting the establishment of a Palestinian state and by tearing up the Oslo Accords, which it had already discarded long before deciding to cancel them altogether.

He pointed out: No one can hide behind talk of “peace,” “negotiations,” and the so-called “two-state solution” and continue to evade imposing sanctions and boycotts on Israel after all the crimes and genocide it has committed.”

Continue reading
Ceasefire Violations: Israeli Shelling and Gunfire

Israeli occupation forces continued their violations of the ceasefire agreement, Monday, through shelling, gunfire, and the ongoing siege of the Gaza Strip.

Local sources reported a child was wounded by Israeli fire in Beit Lahia, in the northern Gaza Strip. A young man was also wounded by Israeli fire near the Al-Samar intersection in Gaza City.

Local sources reported that Israeli tanks fired heavily on several areas east of the Gaza Strip on Monday morning.

Israeli military vehicles opened fire east of Gaza City, coinciding with heavy tank fire towards the eastern areas of Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip.

Israeli artillery also shelled areas east of Khan Younis.

Israeli forces arrested three brothers, all fishermen, while they were working off the coast of Gaza City.

Israeli occupation forces continue to violate the ceasefire agreement in the Gaza Strip through aerial and artillery bombardment of areas housing displaced persons, as well as demolition and destruction operations within the so-called “yellow line,” while maintaining restrictions on the movement of goods, aid, and travel.

According to data from the Palestinian Ministry of Health, the number of martyrs since the ceasefire began on October 10 has risen to 854, in addition to 2,453 injuries and 770 bodies recovered.

The total death toll from the offensive since October 7, 2023, has reached approximately 72,740 martyrs and 172,555 injuries, indicating the heavy human cost of the ongoing war on the Gaza Strip. – Palestinian Information Center:

Continue reading
Palestinian Saher Alghorra Wins Pullitzer

Palestinian photographer Saher Alghorra has secured the 2026 Pulitzer Prize for breaking news photography for his poignant documentation of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.

Alghorra, a contributor to the New York Times, won for a series that Pulitzer Administrator Marjorie Miller described as “haunting” and “sensitive.”

The images illustrated the starvation and destruction resulting from Israel’s genocide in Gaza since October 2023.

Miller underscored the importance of independent journalism amid escalating obstacles.

In addition to the Pulitzer, Alghorra won the first prize for war photography at the 32nd Prix Bayeux Calvados-Normandie in France last October.

His award-winning report, “Trapped in Gaza: Between Fire and Famine”, highlighted the reality of life under siege and the plight of civilians caught between bombardment and starvation. TRTWorld

Continue reading